By Jim Gain
This blog series chronicles the adventures that Rich Brown and I experienced on our quest to find and photograph the amazing birds of Southeast Arizona in May of 2022.
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #6 – Carr Canyon
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #5 – Miller Canyon–Beatty’s Guest Ranch
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #4 – Ash Canyon Bird Sanctuary
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #3 – Paton Center for Hummingbirds
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #2 – Tucson’s Sweetwater Wetlands
After a very successful trip up Carr Canyon, we decided to return to the Ash Canyon Bird Sanctuary to see if we could photograph a Pyrrhuloxia, Scott’s Oriole or a male Lazuli Bunting while we killed time waiting to go to Tony and Julie Battiste’s Bed Breakfast and Birds house to see their famous house guest, the Elf Owl. Neither Rich nor I got any lifers, but I did manage to find a few birds to photograph.
Ebird Checklist Link Ash Canyon Bird Sanctuary
Next Stop – Paton Center for Hummingbirds Redux