Through my lens and prose I hope to instill a greater sense of awe, compassion and inspiration as I discover new creatures, explore interesting habitats, and gain wisdom about the natural world that’s all around us. It is my hope that readers are motivated to learn more about our environment and its inhabitants, and become passionate advocates for conservation.
– Jim Gain
My Recent Blog Posts
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #7 – Ash Canyon Bird Sanctuary Redux
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #6 – Carr Canyon
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #5 – Miller Canyon–Beatty’s Guest Ranch
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #4 – Ash Canyon Bird Sanctuary
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #3 – Paton Center for Hummingbirds
- Operation PhotoTrogon Stop #2 – Tucson’s Sweetwater Wetlands
- Operation PhotoTrogon
- 700 o busto – Cuenta regresiva de Lifer
- 700 or Bust – Lifer Countdown
- Do you wash every week?
- A 4 “Yucatán” Bird Day
- A Squirrel Moment – Squirrel Cuckoo that is
- Holy Batcave – Batman
- Let’s Groove Tonight
- Black Phoebe – Sayornis nigricans
- In Search of a 5-Star Rated Vermilion Flycatcher Photo
- The Laguna Madre Mudflats
- A Convention Center for Birds and Birders
- Baa Baa Sheepshead, Have you any birds?
- South Padre Island – Migratory Bird Mecca
- Laguna Vista – A Nature Trail and Fish Tacos
- What a Dump!
Archived Blog Posts