Through my lens and prose I hope to instill a greater sense of awe, compassion and inspiration as I discover new creatures, explore interesting habitats, and gain wisdom about the natural world that’s all around us. It is my hope that readers are motivated to learn more about our environment and its inhabitants, and become passionate advocates for conservation.
– Jim Gain
My Recent Blog Posts
- In Search of a 5-Star Rated Vermillion Flycatcher Photo
- The Laguna Madre Mudflats
- A Convention Center for Birds and Birders
- Baa Baa Sheepshead, Have you any birds?
- South Padre Island – Migratory Bird Mecca
- Laguna Vista – A Nature Trail and Fish Tacos
- What a Dump!
- Why Birders Flock to the Lower Rio Grande Valley – Lists and Photographs
- The Great South Texas Birding Adventure Begins
- The Undiscovered Country
- Birding Between the Storms
- BIRDING THE MERCED RIVER
- COVID-19 Birding – A Therapeutic Walk in Nature
- I Tried to Catch the Fog, but I Mist
- Merced County 2021 eBird Checklist #2 – Merced NWR
- The Quest Begins – 1/4/2021
- When One Least Leads to Another
- The Annual Christmas Bird Count (CBC)
- Are you a Birder or Bird Photographer?
- California’s Super Bloom 2019
- Cassin’s Kingbirds, Lawrence’s Goldfinch and Avian Eponyms
- A Visit from the Gray-mantled Gull of Kamchatka
Archived Blog Posts